What is the Massachusetts PLTW Community Leads program?
The Massachusetts PLTW Community Leads program is a collaborative effort between WPI and Mass STEM Hub to build a support community for PLTW Teachers and continuously improve the quality of PLTW implementation in the state. Our Community Leads participate in a rigorous selection process and have proven themselves to be highly effective Massachusetts PLTW teachers who are driven to have an impact beyond their classroom.
How does it work?
Community Leads will foster collaboration amongst a cohort of 15-20 PLTW teachers, by:
- Building relationships with and regularly touch base with a cohort of 15-20 PLTW teachers
- Having a pulse on the professional needs of members of their cohort and communicate those needs to WPI STEM Center and Mass STEM HUB
- Organizing at least two classrooms visits per year for their cohort to enable co-observation
- Leading professional learning sessions at the PLTW Fall Conference and Spring PD day
- Supporting the Facebook page moderator for one month of the school year
- Serving as an ambassador for our shared vision of a collaborative and engaged PLTW community
What are the benefits of serving as a Community Lead?
- A stipend of $3,500
- Exclusive access to opportunities to meet with industry leaders and the opportunity to participate in cutting edge conferences and events
- Recognition as leaders in the Massachusetts PLTW and STEM communities
- Ongoing leadership development and participation in an engaging Community Lead cohort experience (celebratory dinner, one half-day induction event, three in-person cohort meetings, and one virtual cohort check-in)
- A budget up to $500 to support a cohort of PLTW teachers
Meet our Community Leads (coming soon!)
Check out upcoming events (coming soon!)