Our first focus is on Interdisciplinary Student Projects based on PLTW coursework. We invite you to develop or submit an already existing lesson plan that connects a PLTW lesson to other disciplines (e.g., math, ELA, history). Lessons should reflect PLTW’s hand-on, rigorous approach. Winning submissions will receive a prize of $500.
1) Participation: Open to all Project Lead The Way teacher at all levels (K-12) and from all programs (Launch, Gateway, Biomedical Science, Computer Science, and Engineering)
2) Target Lesson Content: Interdisciplinary project grounded in a PLTW lesson. The lesson should be based on an existing PLTW concept and connect to classes in at least one other discipline (e.g., lesson addresses PTLW objectives as well as knowledge and skills from history, English, and/or math). Competitive preference will be given to lessons that incorporate two other disciplines.
3) Lesson Format: Your lesson should include the following:
- Lesson Title
- PLTW course and specific PLTW Lesson
- Target grade level
- Interdisciplinary connections & teachers from other disciplines who supported the work (written description and standards, where applicable)
- Teaching Activities (All teaching activities must be explained clearly and thoroughly enough that other teachers would be able to understand and apply the lessons in their own classrooms)
- Project Grading/Assessment and sample student work (Explain how student performance was evaluated)
- Teachers may also include letters of recommendation from their students detailing their experience and perspective on the success of the lesson, examples of student work, and/or video.
4) Awards: Awards will be presented to at least three teachers for their outstanding interdisciplinary lessons.
5) Submission: Applications are now being accepted.