Apply to be a Community Lead
Step 1: Online application due June 3, 2019
Interested PLTW teachers submit an online application that includes short answer questions about PLTW teaching experience and their goals for the program.
Step 2: Interviews & classroom visit early June
Applicants will be notified by early June whether they have moved forward in the selection process. We will reach out to schedule an interview and classroom visit.
Step 3: Community Leads announced by the end of the school year
Applicants will be notified of final selection decisions for the Community Leaders program by the end of the school year.
What is the Massachusetts PLTW Community Leads program?
The Massachusetts PLTW Community Leads program is a collaborative effort between WPI and Mass STEM Hub to build a support community for PLTW Teachers and continuously improve the quality of PLTW implementation in the state. Our Community Leads participate in a rigorous selection process and have proven themselves to be highly effective Massachusetts PLTW teachers who are driven to have an impact beyond their classroom.
How does it work?
Community Leads will foster collaboration amongst a cohort of 15-20 PLTW teachers, by:
- Building relationships with and regularly touch base with a cohort of 15-20 PLTW teachers
- Having a pulse on the professional needs of members of their cohort and communicate those needs to WPI STEM Center and Mass STEM Hub
- Organizing classrooms, industry mentor days, and other in-person and virtual meetings for their cohort
- Leading professional learning sessions at the PLTW Fall Conference and Spring PD day
- Serving as an ambassador for our shared vision of a collaborative and engaged PLTW community
What are the benefits of serving as a Community Lead?
- A stipend of $4,000
- Exclusive access to opportunities to meet with industry leaders and the opportunity to participate in cutting edge conferences and events
- Recognition as leaders in the Massachusetts PLTW and STEM communities
- Ongoing leadership development and participation in an engaging Community Lead cohort experience (celebratory dinner, one half-day induction event, four in-person cohort meetings, and one virtual cohort check-in)
- A budget up to $500 to support a cohort of PLTW teachers