FAQs: Fall 2020
We’ve been talking to educators like you, and wanted to share some of the questions we’ve been hearing most frequently. We’ll update this page as information changes or more questions arise.
Still have questions? We’re here to help. Send us a note at email@example.com.
- I’m not quite sure how my hands-on classroom will translate into a distance learning or hybrid model. Where can I go for support?
- Will Mass STEM Hub host in-person events this school year?
- Are there still ways for me, as a STEM Professional, to volunteer and support students and teachers?
I’m not quite sure how my hands-on classroom will translate into a distance learning or hybrid model. Where can I go for support?
First of all, you are not alone! This is the biggest concern we have been hearing from educators like you. The good news is that there are resources available to help, including:
- Join a Learning Team! You’ll be joining a community of fellow educators that are facing the same challenges so you can problem solve, collaborate, and share ideas together
- Check out resources from our partners about how to implement programs in a distance learning or hybrid model
- Consider Coaching. We work with standout educators to provide customized coaching opportunities for Massachusetts PLTW and OpenSciEd teachers. Coaches work with you one-on-one to answer questions, co-plan, and help you tackle challenges.
- PLTW and OpenSciEd teachers, learn more and sign up here
I participated in the STEM Week Challenge last year. Is that happening again this year?
Yes! The STEM Week Challenge has gone virtual. The STEM Week Challenge still includes ~10 hours of industry-driven, engaging content, this year in an extra flexible format that can be implemented on your school’s schedule – whether remote, in the classroom, or somewhere in between. Plus, participation is free! Sign up for asynchronous teacher training. Learn more and sign up here.
Are there any Showcases planned for PLTW students?
While there are no in-person showcases planned at this time, we encourage you to submit student work to our Online Challenges! Students will receive real-world feedback from industry professionals on their PLTW work. Our latest Online Challenge just wrapped up. Keep an eye out for our next Online Challenge this winter!
Will Mass STEM Hub host in-person events this school year?
In accordance with state and local guidelines, we will not be hosting in-person programming for the time being. We are continually monitoring the situation and planning accordingly. But have no fear! We will have meaningful virtual programming throughout the fall. Check out our events page to see what virtual events we have coming up!
Are there still ways for me, as a STEM Professional, to volunteer and support students and teachers?
Yes! All volunteering is moving virtual and is more important than ever in creating hands-on, engaging learning experiences. Check out mass-stemhub.org/volunteer for upcoming opportunities.
I have other questions or would like to chat with someone at Mass STEM Hub.