STEM Week Challenge 2022: August Training
The registration deadline for this event has passed.
The One8 Foundation and its program, Mass STEM Hub, are excited to announce the STEM Week Challenge for STEM Week 2022, coming up October 17-21. Together with our partners, PBLWorks, this year’s challenge will ask students to grapple with the question “How can we prepare and inspire people in Massachusetts to pursue STEM careers that have the greatest potential for impact?”
Through a 10-hour applied learning experience, middle and high school students will research an in-demand STEM career that interests them AND reach out to professionals in those fields, building their personal networks while making their learning more relevant and real-world.
Teachers – sign up here for August professional learning in order to participate in the STEM Week Challenge! Provided by PBLWorks, this professional learning will make it easy for you to implement the STEM Week Challenge with your students come the fall. Collaborate with innovative educators from across Massachusetts and get access to materials and resources, all at no cost to educators. Select from one of the following professional learning offerings in the registration form:
- VIRTUAL Monday, August 1st from 12pm – 2pm
- IN-PERSON Tuesday, August 2nd from 9am – 12pm at Roxbury Community College
- VIRTUAL Tuesday, August 2nd from 2pm – 4pm
What does the STEM Week Challenge include?
- 10 hours of instructional content and robust student and teacher facing materials
- High-quality teacher professional learning to support implementation
- Access to industry professionals to help students learn more about careers and practice network-building
- In-person showcase event at the end of STEM Week to provide authentic audience for students’ work
Note: the STEM Week Challenge 2022 is open to all middle and high school students. The professional learning is designed for teachers who will be implementing the challenge with their students.