Project Lead The Way In-School Showcases
Run a Showcase for all of your Project Lead The Way students- right at your school!
Mass STEM Hub’s “Event-in-a-Box” provides you with the resources and tools to bring the Showcase experience and benefits to more of your students.
Why are Showcases important?
- Public displays of work motivate students to up-level their work, allow students to practice communication and presentation skills, and give students something to be proud of.
- Feedback from a broader audience — teachers from another department, students from a higher-grade level, parents who work in relevant industries, or local industry professionals – validate and recognize the hard of students and give them ideas make future projects better.
- Acknowledgement of high-quality work motivates students to work hard to produce high quality work, and builds confidence.
Why run a Showcase at your school?
- Involve all of your students
- Elevate the work of your students in your community — in and out of school
- Recognize student work by selecting groups to represent your school at the statewide showcases at Peabody Essex Museum and with Boston Children’s Hospital
What’s in the Event-in-a-Box?
- Planning suggestions
- Checklist to make planning easy and organized
- Real-life examples from fellow PLTW teachers
Qualify for our two middle school PLTW Showcases this upcoming spring:
- Pull Toy Showcase with Peabody Essex Museum for AR students on May 6th
- Design Showcase with Boston Children’s Hospital at Merck Research Labs for DM students on June 3rd
Student groups must qualify for the Finals at Peabody Essex Museum and Merck Research Labs through a preliminary showcase at their school. Complete the registration link to receive the Event-in-a-Box packet where you will find resources to execute a Showcase.Register your event