Project Lead The Way In-School Showcases
Run a Showcase for all of your Project Lead The Way students- right at your school!
Mass STEM Hub’s “Event-in-a-Box” provides you with the resources and tools to bring the Showcase experience and benefits to more of your students.
Why are Showcases important?
- Public displays of work motivate students to up-level their work, allow students to practice communication and presentation skills, and give students something to be proud of.
- Feedback from a broader audience — teachers from another department, students from a higher-grade level, parents who work in relevant industries, or local industry professionals – validate and recognize the hard of students and give them ideas make future projects better.
- Acknowledgement of high-quality work motivates students to work hard to produce high quality work, and builds confidence.
Why run a Showcase at your school?
- Involve all of your students
- Elevate the work of your students in your community — in and out of school
- Recognize student work by selecting groups to represent your school at the statewide showcases at Peabody Essex Museum and with Boston Children’s Hospital
What’s in the Event-in-a-Box?
- Planning suggestions
- Checklist to make planning easy and organized
- Real-life examples from fellow PLTW teachers