PLTW Spring PD Day 2022
Register for MA PLTW Spring PD Day where we will study student work, build course-specific skills, and collaborate with fellow PLTW teachers to create plans and resources to finish the school year strong!
Outline for the day
- 8:00 | Check-in begins
- 8:30-9:00 | Opening Session
- 9:00-10:30 | Block 1: Looking at student work
- 10:30-12:00 | Block 2: Course-specific skill building/general sessions
- 12:00-1:00 | Lunch
- 1:00-2:30 | Block 3: Course-specific skill building/general sessions
- 2:30-3:30 | Closing session and networking
Want to know what is being offered at each session? Click here for the sessions offered at Spring PD Day. Check back as more general interest sessions will be added in the coming days.
Important prep for the day– register for specific sessions and share student work!
- During Block 1, we will be looking at student work for specific projects so that we can all see the different ways students approach their PLTW work. To help us with our planning, you will be asked in the registration form to indicate the course – and corresponding project – for which you are most interested in looking at student work.
- In order to look at student materials for the Block 1 sessions, we are asking each educator to provide an example from one of your students of the project you will be studying in Block 1. Once you have registered, you will receive a link to upload student work. Please share an example from one of your students by February 11th! They will be shared totally anonymously during Spring PD Day and used to fuel a collaborative, non-evaluative discussion with other PLTW educators.
Note: We are offering sessions to look at student work and to build course-specific skills for the most commonly taught courses across Massachusetts. We regret that we cannot offer these sessions for all PLTW courses at this time. You can see all session offerings here.
Attendance at Spring PD Day counts towards hours for PDPs.